Sunday, December 4, 2016

Monster Cup?

I'm curious what NASCAR will call its top series now that Monster Energy is replacing Sprint as the title sponsor.

The Monster Energy Cup Series doesn't cut it, and I'm not sure about the Monster Cup Series, either (although it's better). Monster Energy Series -- leaving out the word Cup altogether -- looks like it'll be the way to go.

But, naturally, they'll come up with a name I haven't thought of.

What do YOU think they'll call NASCAR's top series?

Maybe the all-star race can be the Monster All-Star Race.

Note: I understand it'll be the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series. That makes sense, but it's long. And the logo I saw is ugly.


Contact me at tgilli52@gmail.com or nc3022@yahoo.com. Also, my Twitter handle is EDITORatWORK.

More entries from TARJ
(a book of great stories about the Intimidator)
(the book of great NASCAR stories)

EDITOR@WORK blog entries 

Entries from The Dog Blog
More blog entries by Tom Gillispie

Anecdotes by Tom Gillispie

No comments: