Monday, September 27, 2010

Finding the "Angel in Black"

PERIODICALLY, I LIKE to Google my book "Angel in Black: Remembering Dale Earnhardt Sr." to see who's selling it.

You can find it dozens on places. For instance, it's on


Cumberland House Publishing of Nashville, Tenn., originally published the book in 2008. Sourcebooks has since taken over its handling and has done a nice job. I appreciate it.

There are many other sites, I'm sure, but this is a representative listing.

If you're interested, there's also a review page on Amazon. Naturally, there's at least one review stating that Earnhardt was no hero and certainly no angel. No, he wasn't. He was a man, but an interesting one. Obviously this reader didn't read the book all the way through. The book doesn't say that Earnhardt was an angel; it says that, to children he befriended, he wasn't the baddest man on the planet; to them, he was an angel in black. I'll go into detail with that at some point.

Oh, and if you want an autographed copy, contact me at nc3022@yahoo.com or tgilli@copydesk.org. Operators are not standing by, but I can help hook you up with your Earnhardt fix.

Buy three; they're small and make nice gifts. And 3 is always appropriate for Earnhardt.


Contact: I can be reached at tgilli52@gmail.com or nc3022@yahoo.com. Also, my Twitter handle is EDITORatWORK.

More entries from TARJ
(a book of great stories about the Intimidator)
(the book of great NASCAR stories)

EDITOR@WORK blog entries 

Entries from The Dog Blog
More blog entries by Tom Gillispie

Anecdotes by Tom Gillispie

No comments: