Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Bad service

The year was 1999, and I was covering the Brickyard 400 at Indianapolis. This was the day before the big race, and I went looking for a restaurant.

I stopped at a famous chain and sat down, waiting for service. After a few minutes, I got water. Then I waited and waited and waited, and no one came to take my order.

After about 45 minutes (I can't believe I waited that long), I left and walked next door to a Chinese restaurant (I love Chinese food). They had a buffet.

I was seated quickly, and they got my drink order. I went to the bar and was soon eating.

I imagine we've all had similar experiences, especially if it's a race weekend. I was just happy to have good service and a nice meal.

My waiter got a good tip. The other restaurant (and waiter) got nada.

CONTACT: Email me at tgilli52@gmail.com or nc3022@yahoo.com. Also, my Twitter handle is EDITORatWORK.

More entries from TARJ
(a book of great stories about the Intimidator)
(the book of great NASCAR stories)

EDITOR@WORK blog entries 

Entries from The Dog Blog
More blog entries by Tom Gillispie

Anecdotes by Tom Gillispie

No comments: