Friday, August 2, 2019

VROOM! VROOM! VROOM!


IN THE EARLY 1990s, I was at Atlanta Motor Speedway during an ARCA race, and I wanted to go from the infield to the pressbox.

AMS had a walk-through tunnel under the track; it was on the frontstretch then. Several people were ahead of me (and a few were walking the other way) as I headed out.

I'll never forget the first time the ARCA cars came down the track with me in the tunnel. I heard a high-pitched and super-fast VROOM! VROOM! VROOM! as the cars seemed to go into my right ear and out of my left ear. It was an unbelievable experience, and I couldn't wait to get out of the tunnel.

I never walked through that tunnel again during a race.





EMAIL: tgilli52@gmail.com  TWITTER: EDITORatWORK

More entries from TARJ
(a book of great stories about the Intimidator)
(the book of great NASCAR stories)

EDITOR@WORK blog entries 

Entries from The Dog Blog
More blog entries by Tom Gillispie

Anecdotes by Tom Gillispie

No comments: