Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Toyota drivers on Talladega

Clint Bowyer on Talladega: Talladega is like rolling the dice at a craps table – how do you do it, when you do it – are you going to get on a roll? I mean, that’s exactly the way it is. Everybody has a shot at winning. Everybody has the same dice. You just have to have a lucky roll, lucky push and just get up there. That’s really what it’s come down to. Obviously you have a lot to do with it and you can put your money on the line at the right time and better your odds, but at the end of the day you still have to have a little bit of luck to see everything through. I’m looking forward to it. We’ve been on a roll here recently with our race team and we’re hoping to get through Talladega here with a good finish – if not a win - and keep digging.”

Michael Waltrip on racing at Talladega: “Every time I go to Talladega I just have a lot of confidence because of all the success I have had there before. I have been able to win there and I came pretty close to winning there last year. It’s awesome going to a track that you know you have a chance to win. For me, this weekend, it’s all about putting that No. 55 Aaron’s/Alabama National Championship Toyota into victory lane.”

Waltrip on racing the Alabama National Championship Toyota: “It’s going to be really fun to race the Alabama National Championship car this weekend. There are a lot of passionate fan in that part of the world that love Alabama football and NASCAR. It’s a special opportunity to mix the two together. I really look forward to representing all the Alabama fans this weekend in Talladega.”


Martin Truex Jr. on racing at Talladega: “Talladega is a tough track to finish. Our plan of attack is to go there and race hard all day long. I will not be dropping to the back and riding around for the first half of the race. I have tried that and have been wrecked. I’ve pretty much been wrecked at every position possible. We are going to run hard and lead as many laps as possible just like we did at Daytona this year. All we can do is hope for the best. Our NAPA Toyota was fast at Daytona so there is no reason why we cannot do the same at Talladega. I need to be at the end of the race when it counts.”


More blog entries from The Auto Racing Journal


Blog entries from The Dog Blog
• Katie cried
• Growl and pull

More blog entries by Tom Gillispie

Anecdotes by Tom Gillispie

No comments: