Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Toyota drivers on Kansas

MARK MARTIN ON FAN APPRECIATION DAY: “This is our ninth year doing it and I’m really excited because we have The King (Richard Petty) coming to join us this year. That’s about as big as it gets. Like everyone else, Richard has always been one of my heroes. I would never imagine Richard would someday come to my fan event and museum. I think that fans will be as excited as I am having him join all of us.

“We’ll do autographs, question and answers, and just have a fun time. It seems like this deal gets better and better every year. I like giving back to the fans and this is our biggest event of the year to give back. We have a lot of stuff at the museum that I think both new and longtime NASCAR fans or fans of any racing would enjoy.”

MARTIN ON KANSAS: “Kansas is a great place. It's almost like a home track because I raced so much up in Springfield (Mo.) and I-70 Speedway and around there, so we should have a lot of charged-up fans. We were a step off in Texas, but we’ll get that back this weekend in Kansas.”


MARTIN TRUEX JR. ON KANSAS: “After two second-place finishes, it’s time to get one spot better. I think we can go back and win this thing especially after leading a lot of laps at Texas. I said it about Texas and I will say the same thing about Kansas, I think it will be interesting to see what happens this year with the new 2013 NAPA Toyota and a year of aging on the repave. The winters are pretty rough there just like good ol’ Clint Bowyer. We will have to see what it is like. I think it will be different for sure. But I love the track and I look forward to going there with the momentum we have from the last two races there as well as how well we performed last weekend. We learned a lot at Texas and I think it shed some light on some of the things we wanted to try this weekend. I am pretty pumped up and excited to go there.”

 CLINT BOWYER ON THE CLINT BOWYER AUTOPLEX (2815 U.S. HIGHWAY 50 IN EMPORIA): “I couldn’t be happier to host the grand opening of the Clint Bowyer Autoplex. To have NASCAR Hall of Famer Darrell Waltrip, my boss Michael Waltrip and future Hall of Famer Mark Martin come to Emporia, Kan. to help me open this thing up and celebrate is something really special. I’m proud to be a business owner in my hometown and to hopefully sell a lot of new Toyotas!”

BOWYER ON KANSAS SPEEDWAY: “It means the world to me to race at Kansas Speedway. It’s always a big weekend for me to come home and race in front of family and friends. I’m proud to be from Kansas and any chance I get to come back and spend time there I take it. My parents still live in Emporia. I just bought the Clint Bowyer Autoplex in Emporia. We have the Bowyer Community Building. I love coming back and visiting friends, hunting and just spending time where I grew up. To win at Kansas - man, there’d be one heck of a party! We’d invite the whole grandstand down!”

More blog entries from The Auto Racing Journal


Blog entries from The Dog Blog

More blog entries by Tom Gillispie

Anecdotes by Tom Gillispie

No comments: